Today, everything seems to cost more, from gasoline, home costs, and even your homeowners insurance. In fact, homeowners insurance rates in the U.S. have doubled in the last 20 years and even though as a homeowner you can’t afford NOT to have it, there are tips to saving money on your homeowners insurance.
- Bundle your home and auto policies- Typically, when you bundle 2 or more policies under the same insurance carrier, you are eligible for a substantial discount.
- Choose a higher deductible- Consider the highest deductible you could possible absorb “out of pocket” if a covered loss happened. If you choose a higher deductible, it could mean significant savings.
- Let your local N.C. independent agent shop for you- Because your local independent insurance agent works for YOU and not the insurance company, he/she can shop the top rated insurers to find the best rate for your homeowners needs and budget.
- Absorb your small claims- If you suffer a smaller loss to your home, it may be wise to just pay for it out of your own pocket. All homeowners claims are documented and if you submit several smaller claims, then you may be excluded from any future discounts. Typically, if you have a claim that is $1000 or less, consider paying for it, without reporting it, and it could save you money in the long run.
- Safe proof your home- Burglar proofing your home can potentially reduce your N.C. insurance premium. By installing home security systems, alarms, and other detection devices that alert the police, you may be eligible for a homeowners insurance premium discount as high as 20%.
- Establish and retain good credit- Statistically, those who have good credit are more likely to pay their bills on time and have fewer losses, so maintaining a good credit score could equate to savings on your insurance rates.
- Research any available insurance discounts- You may be surprised to find several available discounts that could save you money on your homeowners insurance premium, but you have to inquire or research the available information. For example, you may look into discounts that may be available through any group or organization to which you belong or through the workplace. Furthermore, the age of your home may impact your rate. The older the home, the higher the rate. Every discount matters! Other discounts may be found by discussing your particular situation with your local N.C. independent insurance agent.
Seek and You May Find
Saving money on your N.C. homeowners insurance never sounded so good, right? Contact us TODAY at Paramount Insurance Agency so we can assist you in finding the right type of homeowners insurance with options you can afford and the coverage that you need. Seek out discounts and you may find the next time you open your homeowners insurance bill, you could be surprisingly shocked to find a reduced premium.