With spring and summer being right around the corner, you may be thinking of hopping on your jet ski or boat and enjoying lots of fun in the sun! While the standard NC homeowners insurance policy may provide minimal coverage for your boat, it will NOT meet all of your boat coverage needs. Is YOUR boat properly covered?
YOUR boat, jet ski, or watercraft needs its very own policy to be properly covered; however, owning a boat brings a “boatload” of questions as to the many types of NC boat insurance that are available.
What Are the Different Types of NC Boat Coverage?
- Property Damage Coverage-covers physical damage to your boat, motor, trailer, and boating equipment.
*Some examples of boating equipment include water skis, portable boating accessories, used in the operation of the boat, and citizen band radios.
- Personal Liability Coverage- covers bodily injury to others or property damage for which YOU are legally liable
- Medical Payments Coverage-This coverage helps pay for medical expenses for you, passengers of your boat, or anyone that is injured as a result of an accident involving YOUR covered boat or watercraft
- Uninsured Boaters Coverage-This provides coverage for YOU or any injured occupant of your boat, if the person liable does not have boat insurance
What Are the Most Common Types of COVERED Boat Losses?
Being in the know about covered boat losses under the standard NC Boat insurance policy are important. This is where your NC independent agent can personally assist you with any questions you may have. Just some of the types of covered boat losses include, but are not limited to:
- Storm damage
- Towing and Emergency Service
- Colliding with a submerged object
What Types of Boat Losses are NOT Covered?
With a standard NC boat insurance policy, there are specific situations/exposures that are NOT covered and you need to be aware! Again, contact your NC independent agent right now with any of your questions concerning losses to your boat or watercraft. Your NC independent agent is specialized and can answer ALL of your questions TODAY!
Here are some of the exposures that are NOT covered under your NC boat policy:
- Physical damage caused by animals or rodents
- Losses resulting from racing or stunts
- Losses resulting from lack of maintenance
Did you know that if you have bundle your NC boat insurance with your NC auto and homeowners that you can save $$?!
Contact us now at 336-869-3335 to find out how much you can save. You may also be able to save more money by installing specific safety equipment or by enrolling in a safety operations class. Contact Paramount today so that we can save you money, provide the most coverage possible for your needs, and assist you with any questions you may have.